Other Information

 

Founded in 1976, the museum’s first collection featured horse-drawn buggies donated by Fred Polinder. The former blacksmith shop and farm implement store was built in 1913. transportation-02
pioneer-life-01 The town of Lynden was platted by Phoebe and Holden Judson in 1871. On the banks of the Nooksack River, it is just a few miles south of the U.S. – Canadian Border.
Lynden lies at the heart of a rich agricultural area, known nationally for dairy and raspberry production. It is the home of Darigold, a cooperative formed locally in 1904. Sawmills were also a part of the early economy. agriculture-03
general-information-01 Volunteers are vital to daily operations of the museum. Dressing in period clothing can be a fun part of involvement. Jobs cover all interests, ages, and skill-levels. To volunteer, call (360) 354-3675 or stop by.

Comments are closed.